Applying for membership
Applications should be made through the Treasurer,
Dr Cónall Kelly
School of Mathematical Sciences,
University College Cork,
Western Gateway Building, Western Road,
Cork, T12 XF62
To apply, send a completed application form to the Treasurer together with one year's subscription. The form is in an editable pdf format for convenience. All applications need to be approved by the Committee.
Subscription Rates (as of 2019)
- Ordinary rate €30
- Student rate €15
- Life membership €300
- Members over 65 years age with 5 years membership €15
- Institutional rate €200. Institutional members may nominate 10 student members.
The Society has a number of reciprocity agreements with other mathematical societies.
- London Mathematical Society
- Irish Mathematics Teachers' Association (IMTA)
- American Mathematical Society
- Deutsche Mathematiker-Vereinigung (German Mathematical Society)
- Moscow Mathematical Society (text of agreement).
- New Zealand Mathematical Society (text of agreement).
- Real Sociedad Matemática Española (text of agreement).
The reduced membership fee is €15 for IMTA, DMV, RSME, NZMS, MMS members and the American Mathematical Society (reduced membership fee is US$ 20 for AMS members).
The Society is a member of the European Mathematical Society and individual IMS members may join the European Society at a reduced rate.